Address Bar does not appear when starting IE 8
I'm actually still running Windows XP SP3.
When I start the IE 8 application everything opens fine except for the address bar.
Sometimes when I close the application and then reopen it the address bar will appear.
Any help would be appreciated.
Keys to the Problem Address Bar does not appear when starting IE 8
Hi jrpalustre !!
Thank you for posting your question to MS Answer Forums.
When you open Windows Internet Explorer on a Windows XP-based computer or on a on a Windows Vista-based computer or Windows Explorer on a Windows XP-based computer, you may find that the menu bar, or the toolbar, or both, are missing.
This article helps you
fix the problem.
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Microsoft Windows XP Professional Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2002 Windows Vista Business Windows Vista Enterprise Windows Vista Home Basic Windows Vista Home Premium Windows Vista Starter Windows Vista Ultimate Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 Windows Internet Explorer 7 Windows Internet Explorer 8
Hope this will be helpful.
Cheers M8 !!
Microsoft Certified Professional
If a post solves your problem, be sure to mark it as an answer and if there is a helpful post, be sure to vote it as helpful to assist others in finding solutions easier.
To check for Windows updates
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Address Bar does not appear when starting IE 8:
How to Fix Address Bar does not appear when starting IE 8 with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will scan your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,How to Fix Error - Getting an error "not connected to the internet" while trying to install Samsung Kies?
,How to Fix - Internet Explorer shuts down and reopens tab when attaching to email or uploading files.?
,Fast Solution to Problem: Sending Error Message
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Adding Default Colors Tech Support,Fast Solution to Problem: After a Windows update, my motherboard network controller is no longer detected by Device Manager.,How to Fix Error - adding home group and trying to add comp with printer not printing?,Solution to Problem: After doing a Resistry Scan, noticed a file labeled CheckVer.ocx showing as a problem.,Fast Solution to Error: After a failed windows update for a printer driver, my w7 64 bit new computer will not close down cleanly and will not recognise any usb or firewire devices connected,a file called mDNSResponse.exe. is causing bonjour not to operate properly,what should I do?,A QUESTION USING THE "IF'S" Formula.,A continuos flashing window with which title is C:Windows\System32\cmd.exe, and has the following message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.,Acrobat compatibility issue and you tube problems____,ActiveX on IE 9 not loaded