Auto advance to next field in a fill in form, Word 2007 with legacy text field( number)
HAve a form in Word 2007, used legacy text field to allow online editing or print for manual fill-in. Have define a particular series of fields as Number, length limited to 1 character. Wish to force an auto advance to nect field when a character is entered,however
can not locate the control to accomplish this. What have I missed?
Solutions to the Problem Auto advance to next field in a fill in form, Word 2007 with legacy text field( number)
You've not missed anything. There is no change event associated with legacy formfields, so what you are after is not possible using formfields.
You could evoke a userform OnEntry to the first legacy form field in the series that you could use for filling out a series of numbers and use the change event of the userform text fields to advance to the next one. Then use a command button to close the
userform and populate the document formfields.
A related method for using a userform to overcome the 25 item limit of legacy formfields is demonstrated here:
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error Auto advance to next field in a fill in form, Word 2007 with legacy text field( number)
Caution: Unless you an advanced computer user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Auto advance to next field in a fill in form, Word 2007 with legacy text field( number):
How to Fix Auto advance to next field in a fill in form, Word 2007 with legacy text field( number) with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: How to Resolve - Automatically add word count of MSOffice document to cell in the Excel Spreadsheet?,At start up I get this error from Product Update:\"there is a error with your Installation. Please reinstall the Application.\" [Solved],Average with multiples if's, need to add an or [Anwsered],How Can I Fix - assign application program to extension?,as i enter contact number ex from my call record in excel , then names of contact person should be written in the next coloumn in excel. [Anwsered],application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?