Any time I try to write a formula to make a cell say just the year of a date in a previous cell, the result comes up as 1905. Why?
I have Excel 2007.
I am entering dates in a spreadsheet, as you would write the dates - not by a formula. Example: 03/24/2011.
I want to write a formula in the next column to return just the year. Example: 2011.
But when I use the "@year" formula, it always returns the result of: 1905.
Can someone please tell me what to check and/or change so I get the result of 2011?
Thank you very much.
P.S. I have Windows XP and Firefox.
Anwsers to the Problem Any time I try to write a formula to make a cell say just the year of a date in a previous cell, the result comes up as 1905. Why?
Thanks, Ron, for answering. I swear to you my Excel was returning answers of 1905 when I wrote my formulas (I was writing them correctly). I fiddled with several things and maybe I accidentally fixed it.
I had been using text that looked like dates. Then I needed another column in which I needed to put an amount based on the date (year). If the formula kept returning 1905 for the year, it wasn't going to do me any good.
Now I cannot duplicate the problem. Oh, well, I guess that is a good thing.
My spreadsheet is now splitting amounts into their proper columns, based upon whether the year is 2010 or 2011.
If it happens again, I'll come back here and ask for your help again.
Thanks again, Ron, for taking the time to help.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, please do not edit the Windows registry manually.
Because of this risk, we highly recommend using a trusted registry cleaner such as SmartPCFixer Using a registry cleaner automates the process of finding invalid registry entries, missing file references (like the one causing your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error), and broken links within the registry. A backup is automatically created before each scan, with the ability to undo any changes in a single click, protecting you against the possibility of PC damage. The best part is that repairing registry errors can also dramatically improve system speed and performance.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
The next steps in manually editing your registry will not be discussed in this article due to the high risk of damaging your system. If you would like to learn more about manual registry editing, please see the links below.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Any time I try to write a formula to make a cell say just the year of a date in a previous cell, the result comes up as 1905. Why?:
How to Fix Any time I try to write a formula to make a cell say just the year of a date in a previous cell, the result comes up as 1905. Why? with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: error message fsui.exe/ wlidcli.dll is missing
,Solution to Error: Excel: Automatic number generation
,Troubleshoot:i wanna change language of all windows in Windows 7 Home Premium
,Troubleshooting:IF Function, if the vendor ID in column A matches any of the vendor ID's in column F, I want 1099 to appear in column D. Error
,Fast Solution to Problem: ReadyBoost is not working properly in my computer
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22),brclr.dll.mu_ Missing Error Fixer,How To Resolve Missing fin_myagtui.eng Problem,Corrupted f_0006ad File - How to Fix,nkebigvg.cpl Not Found Error Fixer,Corrupted olcontrols.ocx File - How to Fix
Read More: AOL 9.7 is incompatible. How can I fix it?,Fast Solution to Problem: An access denied error was returned while attempting to change a service you may need to log on using an administrator account to make the specified changes,How Can You Fix - All programs hang when attempting to print?,Troubleshooter of Error: apache open office 3.4.1. and my new HP5520 printer. error \"Printer is not being seen by OpenOffice.,How to Fix - all programs especially windows internet explorer not responding?,After Windows Update CD/DVD drive does not work,After installing windows 7 to laptop the labels print out of line how can I fix it,After my computer sleeps the wireless always disconnects and will no reconnect,After signing into Pogo.com, I get a message" This tab has been recovered"....what does this mean and how do I fix it.....,All desktop icons changed to windows live and does not open