Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Troubleshoot:Amending the list of operating systems available to boot from on startup (after having uninstalled one of the two windows 7 versions I had running).

Amending the list of operating systems available to boot from on startup (after having uninstalled one of the two windows 7 versions I had running).

I'd had a problem that kept recurring with my recycle bin that was corrupted.
I'd tried all the possible solutions to no avail.
I then had the idea of reformatting and reinstalling my Os, which still did not alleviate the problem on my latent drive (the
one without an operating system).
The recycle bin kept being reported as being corrupted.
I gave it some thought and decided to install my 32 bit version of windows 7 home premium on the delinquent drive, which seemed to solve the problem.
The resultant, however,
is that; when I now boot up, I have two of the same Os on my boot sequence, which I find kind of tedious in that I have to select which one to boot from each and every time I restart.
I know that some of you will understand how that can bother one.
I have since uninstalled the 32 bit version of windows 7 from that drive, leaving me with only one operating system from which to boot.
Insteand ...
my boot menu seems to have remembered that I had a second version of windows 7 installed, and still offers
me this as an alternative boot Os.
It's just annoying, if you ask me.
Is anyone in the postion to tell me how to rid myself of the second boot option when I restart.
It's there ...
although that drive has been formatted.
There has to be a way to reflect that I have only one installed version of windows 7 on my computer, and
to automatically choose that version to boot from.
Would somebody please help me solve the mystery of the extra boot sequence on offer.
I thank you in advance for your help.

Keys to the Problem Amending the list of operating systems available to boot from on startup (after having uninstalled one of the two windows 7 versions I had running).

Download Error Fixer (Free)

You can do what you want simply by typing msconfig into the start search box.
(The start search box is what you see at the bottom when you select the start orb)
Press enter.
Select the boot tab
Then select the operating system you want to delete from the boot menu.
Press delete.
Select apply.
The system will not let you delete the operating system that is running.
Another way is to set the timeout to 0.
This won't remove the other operating system but there will be no delay in going to the one you want.

Make Sure that your Computer Meets the System Requirements

Microsoft Windows Requirements :

  • 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
  • 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
  • 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

This error can be due to some configuration requirements for you system. If your computer hardware is not up to par, then make sure you update where necessary before continuing.

Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Amending the list of operating systems available to boot from on startup (after having uninstalled one of the two windows 7 versions I had running).:

How to Fix Amending the list of operating systems available to boot from on startup (after having uninstalled one of the two windows 7 versions I had running). with SmartPCFixer?

1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system.  Run it, and it will scan your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.

3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed


Related: error message fsui.exe/ wlidcli.dll is missing
,Solution to Error: Excel: Automatic number generation
,Troubleshoot:i wanna change language of all windows in Windows 7 Home Premium
,Troubleshooting:IF Function, if the vendor ID in column A matches any of the vendor ID's in column F, I want 1099 to appear in column D. Error
,Fast Solution to Problem: ReadyBoost is not working properly in my computer
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22),brclr.dll.mu_ Missing Error Fixer,How To Resolve Missing fin_myagtui.eng Problem,Corrupted f_0006ad File - How to Fix,nkebigvg.cpl Not Found Error Fixer,Corrupted olcontrols.ocx File - How to Fix
Read More: Another problem with system 32,Troubleshooter of Error: Alt Text for pictures not displaying in IE 8,[Solved] All send\/receive out in email...the dreaded Ox800CCC0F error. Any help most appreciated!,[Anwsered] all-aio 964 will not connect to my new computer running window 7 how to change back to window,Fast Solution to Problem: ALT Codes Wont Work,After Windows Update CD/DVD drive does not work,After installing windows 7 to laptop the labels print out of line how can I fix it,After my computer sleeps the wireless always disconnects and will no reconnect,After signing into Pogo.com, I get a message" This tab has been recovered"....what does this mean and how do I fix it.....,All desktop icons changed to windows live and does not open

No comments:

Post a Comment